Barnyard Breakfast Pie
- 6 4R biscuits cut into bite size pieces
- 12 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 (4oz) breakfast sausage patties, cooked and broken up into small pieces (about two cups)
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup COOP Pimento cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper Jelly at room temperature (so it spreads easily)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the bottom and sides of the casserole dish
- Scatter the toasted biscuit pieces into dish and sprinkle evenly with the scallions. Add the sausage and bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the pimento cheese and whisk to combine, then pour the mixture into casserole dish making sure the liquid covers the filling.
- Top with shredded cheddar. With a spoon, ladle the melted pepper jelly across the top and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes until the top is golden brown and the egg mixture is firm. Let cool before serving.
Can be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated. Just allow it to reach room temperature before placing in the oven, or add 5 minutes to the cook time.