Peanut Butter Fudgy Brownies
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 8 oz. chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 16 mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8″ or 9″ pan with parchment and set aside. In a small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat until melty and smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the peanut butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla, and milk until combined. Set aside.
- Whisk both sugars into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the pan. Take large chunks of the peanut butter filling and flatten with your hands. Place flat pieces in an even layer on top of the brownie layer. Speak the remaining brownie batter on top.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center should come out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Immediately after taking out, press the mini PB cups into the brownie mix until flush with the surface. Let cool and cut into 16 squares.
CATEGORY: John Rivers