Seared Skillet Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2-3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dry salmon well and season with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in skillet (skin side up). Let sear for 4 minutes without moving. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on other side.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet and transfer to a plate. Add last tbsp of olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until it is just barely tender and aromatic (1-2 minutes).
- Add chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until reduced by 1/2.
- Add cream, Dijon mustard, honey, spinach, and dill, and stir.
- Add salmon back to pan and simmer for 1 minute.
- Garnish with more chopped dill.
CATEGORY: John Rivers