Nov. 12-19 Operation Christmas Child – National Collection Week
“What goes in a shoebox gift is fun, what comes out is eternal,” and that’s why there will be Seven Drop-off Locations in Brevard County aiming to collect over 17,000 shoeboxes! Shoebox gifts are a tangible way to demonstrate God’s love to needy children around the world. Each shoebox is filled with small toys, needed school supplies and necessary hygiene items. This effort is part of Samaritan’s Purse, an international Christian relief organization. Since 1993, Operation Christmas Child, the world’s largest Christmas project of its kind, has collected and delivered more than 157 million shoebox gifts to children in more than 160 countries and territories. For many, this will be the first gift they have ever received. This year, Operation Christmas Child hopes to collect another 11 million shoebox gifts for children in countries like Peru, the Philippines, Rwanda and Ukraine.
Anyone can participate! Just pack an empty shoebox with a “Wow” item—like a doll or soccer ball—and other fun toys, school supplies and hygiene items. Then take it to a drop-off location during National Collection Week, Nov. 12 – 19, 2018. Drop-off locations include:
1. Crosswalk Community Church,Titusville/ crosswalkcc.org
2. First Baptist of Port St. John/ firstbaptistpsj.org
3. Merritt Island Baptist Church – House of Hope/ houseofhope-mi.com
4. Eau Gallie First Baptist Church/ egfirst.org
5. First Baptist Church of Indialantic/ fbichurch.net
6. St. Katherine Greek Orthodox Church, Melbourne/ saint-katherine.org
7. Casa de Oración, Restauración y Poder Jehová Jireh & Rapha, Melbourne/www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-de-Oración-Restauración
For more information about Operation Christmas Child and drop off locations please visit www.SamaritansPurse.org/OCC or Facebook.com/OCCshoeboxes.